Pluck’s Engineering Ltd are an established agricultural engineering business based in Rakaia. We have provided general engineering support to farmers in the mid-Canterbury region for over 50 years, and specialise in the manufacture of dairy effluent systems and farm equipment which are sold throughout NZ.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and/or experienced trades-person for our Service Division to carry out the installation, servicing and repair of our products, and to provide on-farm general engineering services.
For this role we require someone with;
• Sound mechanical aptitude and practical ability, with good welding-skills. A trade qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Working experience in mechanical servicing and repairs, preferably in the agricultural industry. Exposure to pumps and irrigation would be an advantage.
• Full drivers licence, preferably with Class 2. Forklift endorsement and HIAB experience would be an advantage.
• Physical fitness and agility. This is a physically active role with work done outdoors on farms and in our well-equipped workshop.
• Flexibility to work extra hours as required to get the job done, and to serve on the after-hours call-out roster (paid extra).
• Willingness to work as a team.
• Good customer/communication skills to discuss job requirements and complete job administration.
We offer competitive wages which include overtime rates, tool and call-out allowances, and an excellent opportunity for personal advancement.